Visually Impaired Photographer Wins Top Prize for Clicking Katrina Kaif's Pics







Recently, visually impaired photographer Bhavesh Patel was in the news for taking pictures of Katrina Kaif for an advertisement. And now he has won Gold at the Goafest ABBY Awards!
Bhavesh was quoted saying, “The process of shooting the ad was very challenging for me. There was this sound of a machine, which was generating air to flow on Katrina’s gown. I also had to hear her voice to capture her. So I had to listen to her voice and simultaneously filter the sound of the machine, and concentrate only on her. I was scared — this was my first big assignment, what if I failed? Also, I had to shoot her from different angles, listen to the sound of her fabric and click.”
He added, “While I was shooting the director told me that there were other professional photographers who were also capturing Katrina as they didn’t want the ad to go wrong. If my photos did not work, they would use photos from others. But after the final shoot, the director came to me and said my photos were brilliant, better than the sighted professionals. That was an amazing compliment. To be able to obtain something that everybody praises… it’s very satisfying.” More Info

0 comments:

Post a Comment